April Griffin needs your help to bring her leadership skills and executive experience to the Hillsborough County Tax Collectors office.
I want to focus on a first-class customer service experience. By using the latest technologies, we can streamline services and coordinate offices to give the best value to our citizens.
In addition to tax collection and distribution, the tax collector’s office is an agent of the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles and works with other state agencies in providing permits and licenses, including concealed weapons licenses, hunting and fishing licenses and even certified copies of birth certificates.
These important services demand a convenient, efficient and modern office that values the time and money of its customers.
- Elected countywide three times as Hillsborough County School Board Member and served 12 years
- Elected Chair of the Hillsborough County School Board twice
- Director of Human Resources, Hillsborough County Public Defender’s Office
- Three-time President of Florida Career Pathways Network
- Business owner of a software development company
- Native of Hillsborough County
- Married to Brian Griffin for 30 years
- They have two adult sons and two cats
- B.A. in Organizational Studies with a public leadership track from Eckerd College
- Enjoys kayaking and fishing
- Helped lead the school district to increase graduation rates from 63.9% to 82.9%
- Successful in closing the achievement gap with minorities
- Strengthened career and technical programs, creating increased enrollment
- Led the charge to uncover school district financial mismanagement and worked to re-balance the budget
- Respected religious diversity in the school calendar and the district’s absentee policy
- Added transgender protections to the district’s over-arching anti-discrimination policy, which earned recognition from Equality Florida
- Addressed safety, personnel and equipment deficiencies in the district’s transportation department
- Added protections for special-needs children
- Worked with County Commission and private business sector to create the Manufacturing Alliance, which helps create jobs for graduating students
- Helped lead the charge and worked collaboratively with government, not-for-profit, and private agencies to create a county wide civil citation program to help deter youth from jail for nonviolent, low-level offenses
- Honored by Creative Loafing for the Best of the Bay for her work advocating for children and elders
- Certified Everything DiSC Trainer and Facilitator
- Attended Hillsborough County Public Schools
Paid for by April Griffin, Democrat, for Hillsborough County Tax Collector